As promised on our Instagram last night, here is the recipe for our very own Raw Lime + Matcha Cheesecake. We whipped this up from the abundance of limes in our fridge, combined with some little matcha green tea samples courtesy of Dad.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with matcha powder, it is like a super concentrated green tea powder with almost literal super powers! It has 127x the antioxidants of regular green tea (which FYI already has a tonne of antioxidants). And if you’re not entirely sure why antioxidants are so good for you, check out Peta’s wonderful post that explains it all.
Anyway, enough with the intro spiel. Here is the recipe!
Raw lime + matcha cheesecake
- 2 cups activated almonds
- 1 cup shredded organic coconut
- 10 dates, soaked in hot water for 15 mins
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cups cashews, soaked for at least 5 hours then drained
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- Juice of 4 limes (zest optional to add extra tang!)
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
1. Line the bottom of a 20cm cake spring-form tin with baking paper.
2. In a food processor blend together base ingredients until a sticky, fine crumb forms. Press base firmly into the tin, spreading evenly. Place into freezer to set for 20 minutes.
3. In food processor blend together filling ingredients until very smooth (this may take a few minutes and a few scrapes of the side of the processor). Once smooth pour filling over base and smooth down the top. Place back in freezer for at least 1 hour.
4. Once set, place in fridge to keep cool. Decorate as you please – we chose some lime segments and coconut flakes! Slice and enjoy.
Love Erica & Peta x