This recipe has credits to our lovely Mum, who showed me this recipe. It takes about 45 minutes and can really be adapted to include any yummy vegetables. Originally, it is a vegetarian meal, however, chicken could work quite well too!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups risotto rice
- 5 1/2 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 cups of fresh peas
- 1 1/2 cup roasted butternut pumpkin
- 1 cup of spinach
- Organic Feta
- Start roasting the butternut pumpkin with olive oil at 200 degrees celcius in the oven about 1 hour before you want the meal to be ready
- 15 minutes later, fry off the onion and garlic with olive oil in a large pot.
- Once brown, add the 2 cups of rice to the large pot
- At the same time pour the stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the stock into the pot with the rice
- Simmer off until the rice has absorbed the stock
- Add 2 more cups of stock
- Pour hot water over the fresh peas for about 5 minutes and drain
- Once stock has been absorbed add 1 more cup of stock
- When this is absorbed by the rice add the final cup of stock, the roasted pumpkin, feta and peas
- Let simmer until desired consistency is reached
- Stir in the spinach until wilted and then serve!