Anyone who knows me well (or at all really) knows that I have a not-so-slight weakness for a good Pina Colada! Pineapple and coconut, are in my humble opinion, the epitome of tropical goodness. So the other morning I threw a few things into the blender with a pina colada in mind and created this healthy twist on a classic summer cocktail (minus the alcohol and plus lots of nutrients). I give you… The Greena Colada smoothie!
Greena Colada Smoothie
- 1 cup chopped and frozen pineapple (perfect if your pineapple is getting to the end of its days)
- 1/2 cup frozen mango pieces
- Approx 1/2 cup frozen coconut milk (pour coconut milk/cream into tray lined with baking paper and pop in the freezer overnight. Then break off a few chunks and throw into your smoothie).
- 2 large handfuls spinach/kale/green leafies
- 1/2 small cucumber, diced
- 1/2 small zucchini (optional), diced
- 1/4 avocado
- Dash coconut milk/water
- Fresh mint (optional)
1. Throw all ingredients into a good blend and blend until smooth ice-cream consistency is reached. If need be, add some more coconut water to mix.
2. Spoon out into bowl and smooth down the top. Add any toppings that you desire and enjoy!
Enjoy your summer holidays in style and minus the alcoholic guilt with this nutrient packed smoothie! P.S. You could use less frozen fruit and more coconut water to make this a proper smoothie to sip as a cocktail at your next event!