The inspiration and credit for this amazing recipe must go the cooks at Byron Yoga Centre, who served up a version of this granola to us every morning for 20 days. Needless to say I fell in love with the perfect combination of sweetness, crunch and nuts and seeds. So after far too long without this stuff in my life I recreated the recipe to share with you all. However, true to my usual intuitive cooking style I didn’t actually measure or weigh anything, I just threw it all in a bowl. So these measurements are my estimates, but you may need to adjust them according to how it turns out (comment below if you find a better ratio!). Finally, a friendly warning that this granola is so incredibly addictive that if you are anything like me you will be eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner (and dessert) and straight out of the container with a spoon and no shame!
Coconut-Maple Crunch Granola (GF, SF, DF, P option)
- 1 cups puffed quinoa (leave out for paleo/grain free option)
- 1 cups shredded coconut
- 3/4-1 cup raw mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, brazil nuts)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2-3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup 100% maple syrup (could use honey, or rice malt syrup for more paleo-friendly option)
- 1 tsp-1 Tbsp cinnamon (according to how much you love cinnamon)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a large tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together, ensuring that it is evenly coated in coconut oil and maple syrup.
3. Spread evenly over lined baking tray and place in the oven. Toast for about 15 mins, or until a golden, crunchy appearance is achieved.
4. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container. Serve with yogurt and poached fruits, on top of smoothie bowls or with a milk alternative.
Happy granola-making! Share your thoughts below.