If the first few sunny days of spring are any indication it is going to be a lovely summer. And how I love summer. When I think of spring and summer I think of salads, smoothies, banana ice-cream and long, balmy evenings down the river. This salad is a perfect spring fusion of the wintery roasted sweet potato and summery avocados and cucumber. It is full of vibrant colours, also like spring, plus the added textured crunch of pepitas (pumpkin seeds). It is simple and easy to prepare and tastes utterly fabulous!
Sweet Potato, Avocado and Spinach Spring Salad
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1/2 sweet potato, cubed and roasted in coconut oil
- 1/4-1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 small beetroot, grated
- 1/2 cucumber, cubed
- Organic baby spinach
- Small handful of peptias (pumpkin seeds)
- Parsley, coriander (optional)
- Roast the sweet potato cubes for about 40 minutes in oven at 180C.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy in the spring sunshine!
What is in your favourite spring salad?