Eggs are my absolute, number one go-to foods for brekky! They are full of protein, good fats, vitamins and minerals to kick start your metabolism and keep you full and satisfied right up until morning tea or lunch time. Not only that, but they are super versatile and go with almost everything – sweet and savoury! Some of my personal favourites are poached eggs, omelette with veggies and these delicious baked eggs. Quick. Easy. Nutritious. Delicious.
Baked Eggs (serves 4)
- 1 can organic chickpeas, drained
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- Parsley, salt & pepper, to taste
1. Mix together tomatoes, chickpeas, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour this into individual pots/ramekins, until about 3/4 full.
2. Crack a fresh egg into each ramekin, over the tomato/chickpea mixture.
3. Place in 200C oven for about 10-15 minutes until egg is cooked through and chickpeas and tomatoes are hot.
4. Serve topped with fresh parsley. Eat straight from the ramekin.
How do you like your eggs for breakfast?