It’s officially winter! And there are few things greater than a steaming bowl of chunky, wholesome veggie soup on a cold winter’s day – and this soup is no exception. My sister, Peta, made this a few weeks ago and it was without a doubt one of the most delicious soups I have ever eaten in my whole life (with the exception of Mum’s classic pumpkin soup). It is simple, quick, cheap and super healthy, being packed full of nourishing veggies and spices to keep your body running smoothly.
Broccoli and Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 leek
- 1 onion
- 3 cm ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp turmeric
- 4 cups chicken stock (preferably homemade or as natural as possible, or vegetable stock for vegans/vegos)
- 2 cups water
1. Saute the leek, onion, garlic and ginger in some coconut oil.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook over medium heat for about 40 minutes.
3. Blend in food processor, blender or with stick blender until slightly thick and smooth.
4. Serve with your favourite herbs.
Thank you to @health_you on Instagram for this fantastic recipe! So lovely and healthy.