Açai bowls are a trending health food at the moment. They are basically an smoothie, packed with açai, a powerful superfood berry, in a bowl. That’s it! You can often find versions of açai bowls on the breakfast menus of cafes everywhere, but they are super easy to make at home too. I made my own açai spinach bowls a few weeks ago and it was delicious and so easy to prepare.
Açai is an another wonderful superfood that you can add to many different things including muesli and smoothies. It has a very high antioxidant content, which will help prevent cell damage and ageing and is generally good for you. For more of the awesome health benefits of açai, check out the Loving Earth page.
Açai Spinach Bowl
- 2 handfuls of organic baby spinach
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup berries
- 1-2 Tbsp açai powder (organic)
- Flaxseeds/chia seeds
- Almond milk to blend
- Muesli, cacao nibs to top
1. Chuck all ingredients (except toppings) into a blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk if too thick, although you want a spoon-consistency for the bowl. Add more berries or banana if you would like it sweeter.
2. Pour into a bowl, top with muesli and your favourite superfoods.
What is your favourite superfood? How do you add it to your daily diet?