If you know me at all you will know my love of raw vegan ‘cheesecakes’. They are so rich, filling and have unique flavour that truly grows on you. Lemon lime is a classic flavour combination that entices just about everyone and the tartness of citrus makes this a great summer dessert. But let’s not talk any more about the wonders of this cake and just get to the recipe…
Raw Vegan Lemon Lime Cheesecake
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 4 dates, pitted
- 2.5 Tbsp organic honey
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon or lime juice (or a combo of both)
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked 4-5 hours in fresh water, then drained
- 1/2 cup honey/maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Put all crust ingredients in food processor or strong blender and blend until crushed and sticking together. Press into lined cake tin/tray.
2. Put all filling ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour filling over base.
3. Place in freezer to set and then store in fridge. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Keep healthy, Erica xx