MNB. Move. Nourish. Believe. It’s a pretty fantastic motto if you ask me, it sums up everything we try to do and be in following a healthy lifestyle. As you may already know, Lorna Jane is one of my inspirations when it comes to health and fitness, and recently she has created a wonderful e-book called Move Over Sugar, which is full of delicious, healthy, sugar-free recipes including her signature MNB Bar.
I took the time the other day to whip up my version of this bar, and the result was quite wonderful. I chose to do a raw bar, basically out of laziness, so I just blended my chosen ingredients together, pressed into a pan and voilà. Here is what I did:
- 1 cup almond meal/almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked in hot water for 15 mins and drained
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 Tsp boiling water
- Goji berries, shredded coconut to top
1. Blend together all ingredients except toppings. Add more boiling water if too dry.
2. Press into pan and smooth top, sprinkle over goji berries and shredded coconut. Place in fridge until set and then cut into bars.
Keep healthy, Erica xx