Do you ever get those chocolate cravings? You know the wild, overwhelming ones that usually force you to down a whole block of (organic) chocolate in one short sitting? Say I if you know what I mean. Well I am here to tell you not to fear, there are healthy ways to satisfy the chocolate-craving beast that lives within all of us, such as this wonderful avocado chocolate mousse!
Avocado?! With chocolate?! To many that may seem like an absurd idea, but just trust me, it’s good. Plus avocados are packed full of good fats, protein and vitamins and minerals that make your skin glow, your hair strong and you feel wonderful inside and out. PLUS, raw cacao, which any super-foody would know is the super food to end all super foods (it’s just amazing). Trust me, you want to eat this, it’s GREAT for you. Dessert so good you can (and I do) eat it for breakfast. And the best part it is has three ingredients (plus a few toppings for extra deliciousness). DO. IT. NOW.
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 2-3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon honey, maple syrup or some liquid stevia (to taste)
- Optional: coconut cream/milk, vanilla bean paste, cinnamon (for a chocolate-chai flavour), chia seeds.
- Toppings: blueberries, goji berries, shredded coconut, bee pollen, chia seeds, chopped nuts, toasted buckinis
1. In a blender or food processor blend all ingredients (minus toppings) until silky smooth. OR, for an arm workout mash avocado, raw cacao and honey together in a bowl. Add toppings and enjoy. Stores well in the fridge, covered, for a few days.
Keep healthy, Erica xx