BROWNIES! What could be better? Gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free, dairy free and packed full of delicious, sweet raspberries. Oh yes, it exists. Not only that but these brownies are high in good fats thanks to the nut flour and antioxidants thanks to the raw cacao. So basically these are guilt-free brownies that are also delicious.
I am not going to bore you with the details any more, here is the recipe, thanks to one of my favourite blogs, The Natural Nutritionist. It also works well if you double the recipe, for larger, denser, more fudgy brownies.
Choc Raspberry Brownie
- 1 cup macadamia flour (or finely ground macadamias, or almond meal)
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste/extract
- 1/4-1/2 rice malt syrup, honey, maple syrup (depending on your preferred sweetener and sweetness)
- 1 cup raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Beat eggs and add with remaining wet ingredients, saving raspberries until last. Make sure wet and dry ingredients are thoroughly combined.
3. Carefully fold through raspberries.
4. Spread into a lined cake tin and cook for 20-25 minutes, checking regularly so as not to overdo.
5. Cool before serving and if there are any leftovers, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Keep healthy, Erica xx