For those of you who are gluten free, you might have discovered that finding the perfect wrap, one that is pliable, rollable and tasty, can be quite the challenge. So why not make your own? This recipe for Buckwheat Wraps is super easy, quick and the results are quite good. The wraps roll well, especially when warm, and taste great fresh or toasted with your favourite fillings. The recipe came from The Natural Nutritionist, so please check out her wonderful work here.
Buckwheat, despite the name, is 100% gluten and wheat free, therefore buckwheat flour is a great choice for gluten free wraps. This recipe makes about 3-4 large wraps. Again, original recipe is HERE.
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca
- 1 pinch Himalayan crystal sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Add flour, tapioca, salt and 1 tablespoon oil to a small mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
2. Beat eggs and add to the above mixture. Add milk in two lots and combine well.
3. Heat coconut oil in a large non-stick pan and slowly pour in one third of the batter. Cook until lightly brown on both sides. Repeat for two more wraps.
4. You may like to add a touch more coconut oil to the pan before each wrap. Allow to cool before serving.
And here is what you can expect as the final product…
Thanks again to the ever-amazing Steph from The Natural Nutritionist, who never fails to please and surprise me with here inventive and delicious recipes.
What are your favourite wrap fillings?
Keep healthy, Erica xx