Chocolate Bliss Balls. The name says it all. They are BLISS. They are also packed full of fibre and raw cacao, which contains lots of good things that make you feel happy (just to put it simply), plus has one of the highest antioxidant contents of any food on the planet. Chocolate? Yes please! These balls are super simple to whip up and taste SO GOOD you wouldn’t even know they are healthy. And a huge thanks to the ever wonderful Katie from Thrive Fitness & Wellbeing for allowing me to share her awesome recipe with you. Now you have the recipe, you have no excuses not to make it. Do. It. NOW.
Katie’s Chocolate Bliss Balls
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup activated nuts (I used almonds, but any work)
- 1/3 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
1. Soak the dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften. Whilst dates are soaking add nuts, cacao, shredded coconut, coconut oil and chia seeds to the processor and mix.
2. Add dates (without water) and process. If the mixture is too dry add a little more coconut oil or water.
3. Roll into bite-size balls, roll in shredded coconut and store in the fridge. Indulge with a cup of peppermint tea.
Now that you have made them, the challenge is to try not to eat the whole batch in one day…
Keep healthy, Erica xx