Not long ago I posted a picture of my Coconut & Raspberry Muffin that I made, and as promised here is the recipe which I found on The Natural Nutritionist, another great blog full of gluten free, sugar free, egg free, dairy free and grain free recipes.
Coconut & Raspberry Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour/meal
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. gluten free baking powder
- 4 free range eggs, beaten (I did use eggs for this recipe, however my normal egg substitute should work fine too: 4 Tsp psyllium husk mixed with approx. 10 Tsp water, mix into paste)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup natvia (natural stevia based sweetener)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, oil and natvia and mix thoroughly.
- Carefully fold in the berries and coconut. If the mixture is very thick, add ½ cup of water and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased muffin tins (10-12).
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Best served warm. Enjoy!
Thanks again to The Natural Nutritionist for this fantastic recipe, the muffins were delicious!
Keep healthy, Erica xxx